This procedure is required to determine which travel limited AXEO kit is needed for a bike with a fat front tire kit. In some situations, depending on the specific fat tire kit, the front fender has to be relocated to accommodate the larger diameter front wheel. This procedure will verify whether or not our travel limited AXEO's (AXEO 21 or AXEO 23) will effectively limit your travel to prevent contact between the front fender and lower triple tree/fairing when the suspension is compressed:
1) Remove the fork tubes from the bike
2) Remove the top caps, dump out the main springs out of both tubes, and reinstall the top caps
3) Compress the fork and mark the upper fork tube with a piece of tape or Sharpie to reference the fully compressed position
4) Reinstall and reset the fork tubes to the stock height in the triple trees
5) Mount the front fender in the location needed to accommodate the fat front tire
6) Compress the front forks until there is approximately a 1/2" gap between the front fender and the lower triple tree/fairing. While maintaining the front forks in this compressed position, turn the handlebars left and right, ensuring the back of the front fender doesn't make any contact with any other components on the bike. If there is contact somewhere, extend the forks enough to eliminate the contact and maintain this compressed position
7) Make another mark on the upper fork tube referencing the compressed length that allows for approximately 1/2" of clearance between the fender and lower triple tree/fairing
8) Extend the forks and measure the distance between the two reference marks to determine how much travel limit you will need
-If your measurement between the two reference marks is 1" or less, the AXEO21 will effectively limit your travel, and will be the AXEO kit you will need to use.
-If your measurement between the two reference marks is 1" to 1 1/4", the AXEO23 will effectively limit your travel and will be the AXEO kit you will need to use.
-If the measurement is greater than 1 1/4" between your two marks, then we do not offer an AXEO cartridge kit that will effectively limit your travel.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.